This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DynDNS settings (freedns.afraid.org) for IPv4

Hello Community,

I'm about to bite a chunk out of my desk if I don't get this to work, I swear !!!

After setting up my Sophos UTM again from scratch (don't ask...) I am stuck when it comes to the DynDNS settings to work with my freedns.afraid.org subdomain.

Latest UTM 9 version, fully patched, license up and running.

As this has previously worked I know there must be an error somewhere, I just can't find the right settings no matter what I put it - and believe me, I've tried a lot (apart from the desk eating thing) Rolling eyes ...

This said I would be extremely grateful if one of you luvly folks could provide me with some guidance what to put into the corresponding DynDNS section Pray

Thanks a lot!!!

PaddyK

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I use the same DynDNS service, but it's near useless on UTM, because it won't update the records.  I still have to log into the website to update it if my IP changes.

I contacted Josh @DynDNS, and he couldn't help because he has no idea how UTM works with his service. The UTM may tell you it updates (which most of the time it doesn't) but it does not update the record and you have to log in to update it because you will still get an e-mail from the service telling you it's about to expire.  The setup is pretty self explanatory:

Hostname will be your DynDNS DNS name you have with whatever DNS you chose from the list of available names

The aliases would be any additional subdomains on your same account you use.  So if you chose 'moo.cow' as your domain DNS name, and you had 'home.moo.cow' as your main DNS name you use, it would go in the Hostname field, and under the same account, if you had two other subdomains such as 'work.moo.cow' and 'work2.moo.cow' they would be listed under 'Aliases'.

Your username and password are the fields that you would log into the DynDNS service.  If you have more than one account, you would create one DynDNS per account if you have multiple accounts, otherwise if you have one account, you can put all of the subdomains under one entry.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• You're the MAN - finally DynDNS works again, thanks a lot Beers