This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LAN / VLAN SWITCH CORE (CISCO) WITH FIREWALL SOPHOS

Hello everyone I have the following problem I have an L3 switch (cisco) in the lan network with several vlan where the vlan interfaces are on the L3 switch internally the en route works
but it doesn't go online.
Excuse me writing, I'm from Latin America (Venezuela)
Hello everyone I have the following problem I have an L3 switch (cisco) in the lan network with several vlan where the vlan interfaces are on the L3 switch internally the en route works
but it doesn't go online.
Excuse me writing, I'm from Latin America (Venezuela)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hola Rodolfo, 

I think you are using that cisco switch as your default gateway for all of your (internal) VLAN's, right?

If you now add a firewall to that network, that system either has to be the new "default gateway" for all of your networks OR the firewall-system "has to know" about all these other networks. This would mean to add static routes on the firewall with the cisco as gateway. I suppose these "other" networks can only be reached through the cisco-gateway. That would need one (untagged) VLAN uplink to the Sophos firewall system and then doing IP-routing from there.

Second way:

If you would like the Sophos firewall to be part in all these VLAN networks, you need to setup a trunk from the cisco to the firewall-port and then you have to define the ethernet-vlans on that physical port on the Sophos as well. Then you shouldn't do the routing on the cisco anymore, instead use the Sophos as default gateway.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Thanks for answering the sw core I use it for my LAN network where I have declared the vlan interfaces of each one I am only placing a static route in the cisco 0.0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.1 which is the IP of Sophos in summary I want that the vlan go to the internet.

Reply Children
No Data