This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPv6 question

Hi,

I have a question regarding the IPv6,

When IPv6  is enabled on the UTM 9, does the IPv4 on the same utm keeps on functioning? Or as soon as the IPv6 is enabled all the NAT and WAF rules that are based on IPv4 will stop working?

For us is very important that we have no down time on our IPv4 devices when try to make some of the servers on the same LAN accessible to internet through the IPv6.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • IP4 and IP6 works at the same time at my lab (home).

You need WAF + NAT for both.

But my problem is : some devices start to try to access internet via IPv6 after activating IPv6 at the interface and I had no rule at this time

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Thank you for your reply,

What we want to do is actually to allow only 2 of our web servers be accessible with IPv6 and the rest of the web servers and all other services on the same LAN should stay accessible with their existing IPv4 WAF and NAT rules.

So enabling and setting up the IPv6 didn't affect your IPv4 stuff on your utm, right?

Thanks

• i would think tis is so ...

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• I would really test this first for your desired effect.  When I changed my UTM to IPv6, it changed all of my interfaces to v6.  I went back to v4 without any issues, but you might want to look at the 6to4 tool in UTM.  It may also give you what you are looking for if you change to v6.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)