This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The BGP system object 'xxxx' must announce a local network or networks with static route.

Hello,

I've seen a couple of message about this error, with no real answer or solution. It is quite surprising can it is really concerning regarding BGP usage and management.

So basically here is a setup

Router A tries to advertise networks D and E to router B using BGP. I can advertise local interfaces of A, but I can not add D and E networks objects, it just throw a "The BGP system object 'xxxx' must announce a local network or networks with static route."

In a first place I thought it was because I was using an ethernet link between A and B, but it does not make any sense, as I also use an ethernet link between A and F, and I'm able to advertise any kind of object, including ones rejected in the example above.

It really drives me crazy because I don't understand what is happening and it forces me to use static routing which I didn't want. 

If any of you has an idea, or better, a solution, I would really appreciate.

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Philippe-Henri and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'd just use Static Routes without using BGP.  That will be much clearer for anyone that follows you and for Sophos Support if ever needed.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Your first post here and you included a diagram to clarify - impressive!

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Salut Philippe-Henri and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'd just use Static Routes without using BGP.  That will be much clearer for anyone that follows you and for Sophos Support if ever needed.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Your first post here and you included a diagram to clarify - impressive!

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data