This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configuring UTM to provide two subnets on one port connection using vlans.

To date I have created subnets on my UTM with ports connected to a managed switch.  All the heavy lifting such as dhcp, dns etc is done by the UTM which connect to access ports for each subnet on the switch.   All the vlan work to manage the subnets is then done on the switch. 

I have 5 available ports on the UTM and now need six subnets and so I run out of ports on the UTM.  I need to connect six subnets to 5 ports. 

I think what I want to do is create two vlans on the UTM and assign the two subnets to these vlans with dhcp and dns associated.  What I am not sure about is how to get the traffic through the one port and land it on the switch.   Please could I have some help doing this on the UTM and how to deal with tagged traffic from UTM on the switch.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi and many thanks.  All good now.  The switch accepts the connection with T-agged configuration on the port and then the vlan traffic is routed as usual within the switch.  I had been worried about the UTM-switch interface but all painless, just not clearly documented.

Children
No Data