This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DNS Cache flush in terminal

Hello,

Who want to flush the dns cache for real run this command in terminal(ssh): /var/mdw/scripts/named flush this worked for me better then GUI flush button and etc.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Szia and welcome to the UTM Community!

And kösz for the great idea - I'll add this to my tip-and-tricks list.

Other options for named: Usage: /var/mdw/scripts/named {start|stop|restart|reload|reloadflush|flush}

Cheers - Bob

PS In the past, I've done this at the command line with: cc dns_flush_cache

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello,

I'll check the cc dns_flush_cache command. Sadly I have an issue with my DNS servers and sophos dns cache with VPN clients. The symptom is the client when connect in via VPN it get an IP address from the pool (example 190.1.1.2), but when it disconnect and other client connect in it got that same IP address too because its free now. So my DNS servers have duplicate DNS records with same IP addresses and the problem with this they can't connect some servers or use services. When I delete the duplicated records and flush all DNS cache everything is working fine and all clients are happy. :D

• If this is the SSL VPN, don't select 'Allow multiple concurrent connections per user' on the 'Settings' tab.  When that's not selected, users should receive the same IP assignment each time they login.

For PPTP, L2TP, and IPsec Remote Access, you can select fixed IPs in the User definition.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Yes it is the SSL VPN. I'll try it, thank you for the hint Slight smile