This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Linking Sophos Wireless DHCP with main DHCP

I have a Sophos SG135w with the built in Wireless.

I am using the built-in Wireless in the house and then another unit outside in the garage area. The outside wireless unit is linked to 192.168.0.1/24 whilst the Sophos is running 172.16.28.1/24

How can I get the Sophos unit to run on the DHCP as 192.168.0.1/24 so when I go outside, the devices don't get a new IP and when they are inside they have another IP.

Hope that makes sense, appreciate the help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Do you have a Sophos access point in the garage area? If you’re trying to bridge the wireless network and internal network for the access point in the garage area, check out the following KBA: 

Thanks,

• No, it is a DLINK 890L.

I can access everything okay, just when I move from inside to outside, my iPhone IP goes from 172.16.28.1.6 to 192.168.0.16 and ideally, I'd like it have the Sophos Wireless Network of wlan1 on the 192.168.0.1/24 DHCP

If that makes sense?

• So to recap you want your phone to always get 192.168.0.0/24?

And your sophos wireless inside now gives 172.16.128.0/24? In that case you can bridge the Sophos wireless network to the 192.168.0.0 LAN. You'd have to configure the wireless Sophos as "Bridge to AP LAN" and have the Access point itself connect to the 192.168.0.0/24 network.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• So to recap you want your phone to always get 192.168.0.0/24?

And your sophos wireless inside now gives 172.16.128.0/24? In that case you can bridge the Sophos wireless network to the 192.168.0.0 LAN. You'd have to configure the wireless Sophos as "Bridge to AP LAN" and have the Access point itself connect to the 192.168.0.0/24 network.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
  • I admit that I'm a little confused about this situation, but I think I'd do it as follows:

1. Define the SG135w's wireless network as "Separate Zone."
    2. In 'Interfaces', make the interface connected to the DLINK into a bridge and add the wlan# virtual NIC.
    3. You might want to create Host definitions for each of your devices so each always gets "its" IP.

Did that work?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You'd have to configure the wireless Sophos as "Bridge to AP LAN"

Fantastic, this worked!