This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG330 and Aruba2930F

Hello,

i have a cluster of two gs330 on ha and i have two aruba 2930 in stack mode for ha.

side hp i have 4 ports in trunk mode, side sophos instead of lag i have 3 ports in bridge mode. 

what can I do to make them communicate without upsetting the network configuration?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Danilo,

first: you can't put two different physical devices into the same trunk on the hp/aruba side. That blows up.

second: you want link aggregation, not bridging.

You have to start with two unused and yet unconfigured interfaces on the Sophos SG side. Go to "Interfaces/Link Aggregation" and setup Link Aggregation Group #1.

This produces a new hardware interface "lag0", which you can subsequently select when adding a new interface of type "Ethernet".

On the switch side you have to setup two trunks with two ports each. One trunk goes to the first SG-UTM, the second goes to the other SG-UTM.

AFAIK, the Sophos supports LACP and uses the 802.3ad standards for link aggregation.

So you could try to use LACP on the Aruba side, set the switch to active, the Sophos will the be the passive side.

Please report back, if that worked for you, enjoy!

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• first of all thanks for the reply,
    so i'll put ports 1/1 1/2 2/1 and 2/2 of the stacked switchs on lacp dynamic active mode?
    then i'll create a lag sophos side and migrate actual network configuration on new hardware?
Reply Children