This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing date in firewall log search

Hello everbody,

I just noticed that in the firewall log search results on the webadmin, the date is not longer displayed.
This is especially helpful when searching over several days. I have currently been able to reproduce this on two appliances with 9.704 and 9.703 installed.

I don't know since when it is no longer displayed, but I believe that this was also displayed earlier.

I would be happy if someone else could confirm it or correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards,

Markus

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Markus,

Yes, in the Firewall Live Log and in viewing the Firewall log in 'Logging & Reporting', the format is changed so that you can see more lines quickly.  To do troubleshooting, you still need to go to the full Firewall log file.  Unfortunately, viewing today's full log file requires looking at /var/log/packetfilter.log from the command line.  As I recall, this started with V9.5.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Markus,

Yes, in the Firewall Live Log and in viewing the Firewall log in 'Logging & Reporting', the format is changed so that you can see more lines quickly.  To do troubleshooting, you still need to go to the full Firewall log file.  Unfortunately, viewing today's full log file requires looking at /var/log/packetfilter.log from the command line.  As I recall, this started with V9.5.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data