This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Export and Import Config of UTM

Hello dear SOPHOS community!

We have two UTM firewall clusters. Both are the same - same firmware and same hardware (SG310). Now we would like to export the whole configuration of one cluster, e.g. Network definitions, Nat rules, WAP rules etc, and import it into the other WITHOUT overwriting all exiting configurations. In other words, we are looking for a way to combine both clusters without having to recreate every rule by hand (which is tiresome and error-prone).

Is the possible and if so, how?

Thank you all very much!

Markus

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi H_Patel, Hi BAlfson,

thanks to both of you and sorry for the late reply.

I just downloaded SUM 4.3 and I'm going to try it out. As far as I can tell, I still won't be able to export certain configurations from one UTM and import it into another, even with SUM. Am I right?

Thanks all and a nice weekend!

Markus

• Right, Markus, the idea is to build additions in SUM and let it automatically update the managed UTMs.  I've played with it, but not used it myself.  I have one client with several dozen locations that was using SUM when each location had a small UTM to do site-to-site VPN.  I don't think SUM makes sense unless you have a lot of standard configuration items on a over 5 UTMs.  Anyway, there's a forum for it here that you might find informative.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Right, Markus, the idea is to build additions in SUM and let it automatically update the managed UTMs.  I've played with it, but not used it myself.  I have one client with several dozen locations that was using SUM when each location had a small UTM to do site-to-site VPN.  I don't think SUM makes sense unless you have a lot of standard configuration items on a over 5 UTMs.  Anyway, there's a forum for it here that you might find informative.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data