This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LICENSE as status in High Availability

We have a cluster with two Sophos SG 230. In High Availability -> Status, the second firewall status is "LICENSE"

The first firewall is now Master and the status is "ACTIVE" as it should be.

I checked Licensing menu and everything seems ok.

I could find any explanation of LICENSE status in the manual. Could you help me to understand what does it mean?

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Would you please provide us a screenshot of the status? 

Regards

Jaydeep

• Are you using Hot-Standby in configuration of HA?

-

• If you are running in Active/Standby mode for HA (only one unit at a time processes traffic, and fails over if a unit hangs up / dies etc.) no additional license is required; I suspect you have setup your HA in Acive/Active (both nodes actively processing traffic) mode, which does require a special license to run.  If you intended to only run in Active/Standby (or Active/Passive, can't remember how its displayed at the moment) then you will need to break your HA and set it back up again.  If you want Active/Active, you will have to convert your license (in the MyUTM portal) into a Cluster-capable license; this typically halves the time remaining on the subscription (or more, if it's more than 2 nodes) -- so know that going in.  Contact your Reseller for help; they should be experienced with this feature.  The way it's typically sold, if a customer asks me (we're a Platinum Solutions Provider) for Active/Active, is we sell double the term needed then convert the license for them.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• If you are running in Active/Standby mode for HA (only one unit at a time processes traffic, and fails over if a unit hangs up / dies etc.) no additional license is required; I suspect you have setup your HA in Acive/Active (both nodes actively processing traffic) mode, which does require a special license to run.  If you intended to only run in Active/Standby (or Active/Passive, can't remember how its displayed at the moment) then you will need to break your HA and set it back up again.  If you want Active/Active, you will have to convert your license (in the MyUTM portal) into a Cluster-capable license; this typically halves the time remaining on the subscription (or more, if it's more than 2 nodes) -- so know that going in.  Contact your Reseller for help; they should be experienced with this feature.  The way it's typically sold, if a customer asks me (we're a Platinum Solutions Provider) for Active/Active, is we sell double the term needed then convert the license for them.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children
No Data