This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multipath Rules using Additional Address

We have two Sophos UTM 210 in high availability.

We have two physical internet lines (call them Line-A & Line-B), and are using Multipath Rules to determine outbound packet flow between them.

Here is an example multipath rule (that I use for testing):

I have just added an additional logical address (call this Line-B.2) for a special purpose, as an Additional Address to the existing Interface for Line-B.  I would like to continue using Multipath, if possible, but instead of pointing to the physical interface, point to the logical "additional address".

The goal being to very easily be able to switch packets of a certain type to either go out the primary address on Line-B (call it Line-B.1) to the secondary "additional" address (Line-B.2).  Multipath Rules are awesome for this.

Is this possible?

If not, what is the substitute to achieve this?  Is there a graceful way to replicate this behavior using the Additional Address?  Do I have to physically wire up two additional patch cables to the UTMs & the internet line and create a new physical interface, just to replicate this behavior?

Thank you in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi David and welcome to the UTM Community!

You are correct, NAT is the right way to do what you wanted.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data