This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Determine data usage

I need to determine exactly how much data is moving during a perticular process.

If I want find out how much data moved from Server A through the UTM to Server B in a certain time frame, how do I get that data?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • That depends, Steve.  Can you be more specific?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • We have a print job that prints to a printer in a different building. The printing is horribly slow. As part of the troubleshooting I want to see if the programmers are sending a lot more data over the WAN than they think they are.

(We once had a job that imported a 1K text file into a small database. Bad programming led to over a GB of data being moved.)

• Please be more specific, Steve.  Is there a specific port?  A specific target?  A specific group or subnets of IPs that send data?  When you say that printing is slow, have you tried QoS to make sure it has adequate bandwidth? ???

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • One server IP to one printer IP, all ports.

• You're right, Steve - not possible.  But, I'm confused - I thought you wanted to measure something else that might be hindering that traffic.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You're right, Steve - not possible.  But, I'm confused - I thought you wanted to measure something else that might be hindering that traffic.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data