This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

interface / Multipath Rules with slow and fast connection

Hi All

Totally new to the Sophos environment so please be gentle.

We have a Sophos UTM SG125 which was set-up by a previous colleague. This serves a very simple environment which consists of a mail and file server.

We have a Slow ADSL interface with a static IP to facilitate the above.

Recently a Fibre connection has been made available to use but this has a dynamic IP set up.

I would like to direct all web surfing (up and down) for three of our five members of the team through the faster fibre connection, but leave all other connections like the mail, file and any other service through the ADSL line (with the static IP) which I believe they need.

I have setup the "Fast Connection" as a new interface and it states that it is connected (UP/Green).

Im trying to setup a Multipath rules that directs web surfing(service) for those specific users(source) by interface, and Bind interface to "fast Connection", but there is nothing available in the dropdown menu.  Is this because I haven't enable Uplink Balancing? 

Im worried that if I enable to uplink balancing I will screw up the the connection from the mail and file server to the Slow ADSL with need to static IP.

Apologies for such a simple question, but I have no support network to fall back one.

Cheers All

K

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi K and welcome to the UTM Community!

You didn't say whether you have a Mail Protection subscription.  If you do, then I wouldn't use DNAT for inbound email.  If you don't have that subscription, then follow the advice you've gotten here, paying attention to #3 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi K and welcome to the UTM Community!

You didn't say whether you have a Mail Protection subscription.  If you do, then I wouldn't use DNAT for inbound email.  If you don't have that subscription, then follow the advice you've gotten here, paying attention to #3 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data