This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

what is my ip gives my wan ip instead of server ip

Hi All,

this is my first question here and will thank you all for helping me.

I have for me the following issue.

When i log in on an server and i asked what is my ip he gives me Always the wan ip.

I have 84.199.85.64 /29 on eth0 with .65 as gateway and .66 as the ip for the UTM

i called this interface External Wan Telenet

No i have an second interface where i use external ip's that the provider gaves to me

84.198.252.160/27

You see my gateway is 161 and i can use 162 as first ip on my server.

No i have an server with

IP: 84.198.252.162

subnet : 255.255.255.224

Gateway : 84.198.252.161

When i login on that server and ask what my ip is he said that it is 84.199.85.66 what gateway is instead of 84.198.252.162 the real ip of that server.

I will run on that server an cpanel and he needs dedicated ip adress what i gave ofcourse.

But when cpanel do an check he said that it .66 server is and the license will not work.

I tried really a lot of things but cannot fix it.

I have 2 lines so use multiple gateway but make an multipath rule that that range must use the wan of telenet.

so please can tell someone me how i arrange this so that when i ask what is my ip he the fixed wan ip gives instead the gateway

thank you so much

Guy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Salut Guy and welcome to the UTM Community!

From your description, I assume that your ISP routes 84.198.252.160/27 to 84.199.85.66.  If that's not correct, then the rest of my post won't help you.

To be able to use Web Filtering with the actual IPs, create a Web Filtering Profile in 'Full Transparent' mode for "Ethernet Network Telenet (Network)" and remove that object from all other Profiles.  By the same token, you should not have a Masquerading rule for "Ethernet Network Telenet (Network)."

You shouldn't have a default gateway specified for the "Ethernet Network Telenet" interface, so you shouldn't need Multipath rules.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Guy,

it seems you have a MASQ Rule (SNAT) for this network...

in many Installations i have seen this "Quick and Dirty" Default MASQ Policy, it helps the admin not to forget MASQ Rules for newly created Networks, but sometimes dosn't help as in your scenario.

if not in Masquerading maybe there is a SNAT rule in "NAT" with simmilar content.

if you disable this Rule your Server should work as expected, then you'll need to create dedicated Rules for your local subnets but not for your public networks.

yours Lukas

lna@cema

SCA (utm+xg), SCSE, SCT

Sophos Platinum Partner