This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NAT Rule isn't working

Dear Community,

I am currently experiencing problems with a NAT Rule.

My problem is as follows:

I want to access a NAS (192.168.13.1:21) via DNAT with dns-record onto a different ip:2121.

So i have created a NAT Rule:

Any

DNS-HOST Entry [IP is shown] so the lookup works?

target change: 192.168.13.1

port change: 21

I have also created a Firewall Rule that covers allows access from any with port 2121 on 192.168.13.1 as well as the dns-record.

The access isnt working.

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It is a inside NAT or outside

I think you have to hit UTM ip to get things work.

A picture of your topology can be helpful.

• It is an inside NAT.

To explain the situation a little better: We were using 2 Firewalls with 2 different internet connections. Last Friday we put both internet connections on our sophos utm firewall.

Since that FTP as explained isnt working anymore, SMTP isn't working as well but just with external SMTP's for example i can access our Exchange but when I try to login to my webmail account via outlook i am receiving an "smtp server unreachable error".

It was definately working before.

• From Traffic Any
    Going to  ?

Better to write a topology diagram and correspondent DNAT rule.

If the DNAT rules where working without any change, than you didnt have configured the multiple wan correctly. Begin with the masquerading problem

• Thanks for trying to help, we fixed it now, the thing with the dnat rule was a miscommunication with a colleague and the smtp thing was port 465 which isnt used anymore but still an standard entry in utm, we've changed it to 587 and it worked.