This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Monitoring bandwidth usage by SNMP?

Hi guys,

I have a SG550, I'm configuring Zabbix + Grafana to display some its information. I want to display traffic of Youtube so is it possible to get that information from the SG550? is there any SNMP OID to get that?

TIA.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Minh Phan and welcome to the UTM Community!

You can download the MIB from the 'Query' tab of 'Management >> SNMP'.  Please let us know if you find what you want there.  What problem are you having that drives you to ask this question?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Minh Phan and welcome to the UTM Community!

You can download the MIB from the 'Query' tab of 'Management >> SNMP'.  Please let us know if you find what you want there.  What problem are you having that drives you to ask this question?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Hi Bob,

Thank you for your response. Because I see that the firewall can monitor the traffic of Youtube and I want to get that information to show it on our Grafana dashboard, but I can't find it in the MIB file that is downloaded from the web interface (The MIB contains only the SNMP for notifications which I do not want). So I wonder if that information is stored somewhere that I can access like SNMP or database or something else.

Have a nice day.

• If you are handy with PostgreSQL, you probably can extract that information from the databases used in Reporting.

From the command line as root, you can see what's available with:

psql -U postgres reporting -c "\d websecurity"

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I've edited the postgresql.conf and hba_file.conf to allow remote access to the database but I still can't connect to it from my computer (I'm using HeidiSQL), it keeps saying "Is the server running on host "1.1.1.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port xxxx?" I'm pretty sure that the IP, port, user and password are correct.

Do I have to config anything else? Please assist.

Thank you very much.

• The security is very tight, so I doubt that you can access the databases without using PostgreSQL at the command line of the UTM.  Note that your configuration changes might be overwritten at reboot or during an Up2Date.  If you don't know how to do this, I know a guy in Brazil that your company might be able to hire to help you.  In 11 years here, I don't recall anyone else trying to connect remotely, so you're ahead of virtually everyone here!

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I've heard that it is possible to connect to the database using SSH tunnel, I've tried but not successful. 

First, I connected to the UTM via putty, then ran this command:

# ssh - L 3000:127.0.0.1:5432 "UTM_IP"

In pgAdmin on my Laptop, I entered the following:

• Hostname: 127.0.0.1
    • Port: 3000
    • User: postgres
    • Password: **********

Did I do something wrong?

Thank you for your support.

• Verify the port forwarding setup.

It reads like you are connecting to the UTM from your laptop with putty.  Then, at the root shell (#) you are sshing from the UTM to itself as well as forwarding port 3000 from the UTM to port 5432 on the UTM.

Use instead the ssh connection from the laptop to the UTM for the forward (putty config: Connection, SSH, Tunnels - don't forget to click Add).

You also mentioned editing the PostgreSQL configuration:  Be very cautious as you may be opening up the database, and system, far beyond your intentions.

I'm the guy in Brazil that Bob was referring to.