This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SNMP Question - How can I import the MIB files into PRTG?

How can I get the SNMP traps into a readable format in PRTG? 

I thought I just needed to import the MIB, but I get this:

Is there something I am missing?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • hopefully you found the answer on Paessler's website, but if not, and for anyone else, I realize this is way out of scope, but the answer is easy'ish.

the snmp tool (windows only) for mib importing requires you to import the mib and any dependent mibs, you select the OID's you're interested in (check the user guide, I'm about to go through this process for our XG firewalls) export or save the file to the appropriate folder (it should be something like c:\program data\paesslerprtg\customsnmp

it's very picky about the filename extension, the number of OID's you include can make discovery and monitoring sluggish (for UCS chassis, I had several thousand enabled, not a good idea).

• hopefully you found the answer on Paessler's website, but if not, and for anyone else, I realize this is way out of scope, but the answer is easy'ish.

the snmp tool (windows only) for mib importing requires you to import the mib and any dependent mibs, you select the OID's you're interested in (check the user guide, I'm about to go through this process for our XG firewalls) export or save the file to the appropriate folder (it should be something like c:\program data\paesslerprtg\customsnmp

it's very picky about the filename extension, the number of OID's you include can make discovery and monitoring sluggish (for UCS chassis, I had several thousand enabled, not a good idea).

Children
No Data