This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rejected: SPF (SPF check failed)

I have received a complaint that an email hasn't been replied to and according to a user within our company he didn't receive it.

after checking from the mail manager there were 3 emails from same person on different dates one of them passed and the others got rejected due to SPF check failed.

Any ideas ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • SPF is a very weak defense.  Most spammers have it configured correctly and many legitimate senders have mistakes.  SPF only matches the internal authorized-as information to the source IP address, and that internal identifier is often unrelated to the "From" information seen by the user.

If UTM would allow simulation of the impact, it might be useful., but at present I find it useless.

• We use SPF within nearly every customer-system. Big ISP's use SPF filtering too.

It is not a great trick to configure SPF correctly.

The great advantage is for domain-owner. Spammers are unable to send Spam with my mail-address as source (if receipment use SPF).

This protects the good reputation of the company.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• We use SPF within nearly every customer-system. Big ISP's use SPF filtering too.

It is not a great trick to configure SPF correctly.

The great advantage is for domain-owner. Spammers are unable to send Spam with my mail-address as source (if receipment use SPF).

This protects the good reputation of the company.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

Children
No Data