This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Relay email for clients

I have my Sophos UTM running at my home office. It is handeling my email at the moment, this is working fine.

No i would also like to handeling the emails from my clients before the emails reach their Exchange servers.

So i changed their MX records to my IP address.

I have created SMTP Profiles per client.

Under "Routing" i chose "DNS hostname" under Route by. I entered remote.CLIENTNAME.nl here.

I have checked the email with the Exchange Connectivity site, but i am getting error:

The server returned status code 550 - Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Relay not permitted
Exception details:
Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Relay not permitted
Type: System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException

So i assume i have to enter the clients IP under "Relaying". i am right?

But which one? Upstream/Authenticated or Host-Based Relay?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If I understood, you want to put UTM like a bridge for the external Exchange

Normaly you have to put the exchange ip, in relay hosts

But you have to configure the exchange send/receive connectors.

• I am sorry if i didn't explain it correctly.

ATM i am using MCAfee SaaS as a SPAM/VIRUS filter for all my clients. So MX records towards Mcafee and in the control panel i tell mcafee which IP goes with which domain.

MCafee pulled the plug out of this product, so i have to use something new.

So i want to use my Sophos UTM as a SPAM/VIRUS filter for a couple domains, which are being hosted at different locations.

For the moment let's focus on receiving the mail through Sophos. Sending is being done by the on premise exchange servers.

• I am sorry if i didn't explain it correctly.

ATM i am using MCAfee SaaS as a SPAM/VIRUS filter for all my clients. So MX records towards Mcafee and in the control panel i tell mcafee which IP goes with which domain.

MCafee pulled the plug out of this product, so i have to use something new.

So i want to use my Sophos UTM as a SPAM/VIRUS filter for a couple domains, which are being hosted at different locations.

For the moment let's focus on receiving the mail through Sophos. Sending is being done by the on premise exchange servers.

Children