This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPF Check not working

Sorry my english is not the best.

We have setup an SPF-Record for our Domain. SPF-Record Checker reports everything is ok.

SPF-Check is activated on UTM. If we get a mail from "copy@mydomain.com" to copy@mydomain.com from an not in SPF registered IP and this mail contains an attachemen, the mail will pass and gets delivered. In this case an docm-file with Locky was delivered to user.

We have no sandboxing-licence, but i think SPF-Check didnt work in this case or did i make a mistake ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • So this is what it turns out was our issue.  For some reason in the past before I was hired on here, someone added our domain to the Exceptions tab under a SKIP SPAM list.  Being on this list caused any email that was legitimate or not that used our domain to skip and of the spam checks including the SPF check.  I removed our domain from this list yesterday and have yet to receive any spam emails that appear to be coming internally.   This was the way this has always been set up and had never been an issue before.  I believe after one of the recent updates this started occurring.  Hopefully the spam stays away this time. 

• So this is what it turns out was our issue.  For some reason in the past before I was hired on here, someone added our domain to the Exceptions tab under a SKIP SPAM list.  Being on this list caused any email that was legitimate or not that used our domain to skip and of the spam checks including the SPF check.  I removed our domain from this list yesterday and have yet to receive any spam emails that appear to be coming internally.   This was the way this has always been set up and had never been an issue before.  I believe after one of the recent updates this started occurring.  Hopefully the spam stays away this time. 

Children
  • I believe we would have seen evidence of that in the SMTP log lines related to this email.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA