This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reject mail with specific file extensions

Hi!

I need to reject mail that contains files with special extensions (for example, .exe).
When I put .exe into email protection -> smtp -> antivirus -> file extention filter, UTM begins to quarantine mails with .exe files.
But how can I   reject such mails?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Eventhough it's 5 years old: Is there no option? We have a bunch of people still trying to send .xls/doc documents instead of the XML pendants, which are a security risk. Currently the UTMs just quarantine them - I'd like to reject them!

The sender doesn't know he's sending 13 years depricated stuff and expects it to be delivered.

Any solutions for that?

• No, but actually we have exactly the same problem. It's a shame that Sophos does not offer a solution to this. Especially as this would be a considerable gain in security. So +1 ( even if this is not the platform for ideas)

Best regards 

Alex 

-

• Don't +1 here, there's a fuction on the top-right side of this page... maybe if a billion people ring that bell, Sophos will do something (overdue) for their money. ;-)

• Thanks for pointing that out, I was the second one that already did that. Unfortunately Sophos seems to push more development power into XG since years and still XG can’t replace UTM. But that’s another story.
    I think one will need a separate mail gateway to use such functions in the near future too.

-

• Thanks for pointing that out, I was the second one that already did that. Unfortunately Sophos seems to push more development power into XG since years and still XG can’t replace UTM. But that’s another story.
    I think one will need a separate mail gateway to use such functions in the near future too.

-

Children
No Data