This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mail rejected "550 Administrative prohibition"

A customer is unable to send us mail, but they could before. The Sophos UTM SMTP log shows nothing when I click on the line. Ie the Delivery Log is empty.

The reason in the list is just "Rejected: Spam (confirmed)" which isn't that helpful.

The undeliverable message the sender received said:

"astaro1.bordo.com.au rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

'Anna' (annax@bordo.com.au)  

astaro1.bordo.com.au gave this error:
Administrative prohibition 

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: MMSBS.minemech.local

annax@bordo.com.au
astaro1.bordo.com.au #550 Administrative prohibition ##

Checking to see if they are on any RBLs using Multi-RBL Check Results | The Anti-Abuse Project

gives the all-clear.

The original message headers say:

Received: from MMSBS.minemech.local ([fe80::2c93:2b2b:3019:e3c4]) by
MMSBS.minemech.local ([fe80::2c93:2b2b:3019:e3c4%10]) with mapi id
14.01.0438.000; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:18:30 +1000

I presume the problem is the SMTP host name?

(If so, why doesn't it say so!)

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • I have the challenge described above. Mails are blocked as 'spam confirmed' from exactly the same senders that are then 15 minutes later accepted as kosher. What is going on?
  • We have the same problem.. since yesterday, we can’t send emails longer than some kb to mail servers behind a Sophos UTM, they are denied on SMPT level with 550 adminstrative prohibition.
    On our side, we use Exchange Server 2013 and a Foritmial 400D as SMTP Gateway.
    We are not on the sophos blacklist, nor on any other open blacklist known to me. 

The rejected mails are normal business mails, not advertising.
    Short mails without attachment go through.