This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mail rejected "550 Administrative prohibition"

A customer is unable to send us mail, but they could before. The Sophos UTM SMTP log shows nothing when I click on the line. Ie the Delivery Log is empty.

The reason in the list is just "Rejected: Spam (confirmed)" which isn't that helpful.

The undeliverable message the sender received said:

"astaro1.bordo.com.au rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

'Anna' (annax@bordo.com.au)  

astaro1.bordo.com.au gave this error:
Administrative prohibition 

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: MMSBS.minemech.local

annax@bordo.com.au
astaro1.bordo.com.au #550 Administrative prohibition ##

Checking to see if they are on any RBLs using Multi-RBL Check Results | The Anti-Abuse Project

gives the all-clear.

The original message headers say:

Received: from MMSBS.minemech.local ([fe80::2c93:2b2b:3019:e3c4]) by
MMSBS.minemech.local ([fe80::2c93:2b2b:3019:e3c4%10]) with mapi id
14.01.0438.000; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:18:30 +1000

I presume the problem is the SMTP host name?

(If so, why doesn't it say so!)

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Davide,

no, didn't find a solution.

'Spam (confirmed)' isn't really very descriptive, which makes the whole thing almost impossible to diagnose.

Please reply here if you do find a solution.

James.
  • Hi James,
    it's a strange problem, some recipient for which now I receive the error were working correctly 10 days ago.
    That customer is a government istitution, the email volume is quite high and today I registered that 10 domains returned the bounce with the permanent 550 Administrative Prohibition error. I contacted some of them and they confirmed that are using Sophos UTM Appliances as AntiSpam Filter. I asked to whitelist the sender domain to two of them and obviously now the email is queued correctly.
    The Sophos Support made some check on our customer domain configuration and confirmed that all is correctly configured. 
    I made some reputation check using services like mail-tester.com and I get 10/10. I made also a domain check using www.dnsinspect.com and I get 100 in all test.
    There is no way to solve this problem. I hope that some moderator here can help us to solve this strange problem.
    I'm available to make test if needed to understand.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have news!

Thanks a lot for you lighting fast response,
    Davide
  • Hi James,
    it's a strange problem, some recipient for which now I receive the error were working correctly 10 days ago.
    That customer is a government istitution, the email volume is quite high and today I registered that 10 domains returned the bounce with the permanent 550 Administrative Prohibition error. I contacted some of them and they confirmed that are using Sophos UTM Appliances as AntiSpam Filter. I asked to whitelist the sender domain to two of them and obviously now the email is queued correctly.
    The Sophos Support made some check on our customer domain configuration and confirmed that all is correctly configured. 
    I made some reputation check using services like mail-tester.com and I get 10/10. I made also a domain check using www.dnsinspect.com and I get 100 in all test.
    There is no way to solve this problem. I hope that some moderator here can help us to solve this strange problem.
    I'm available to make test if needed to understand.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have news!

Thanks a lot for you lighting fast response,
    Davide
Children
No Data