This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

route incoming email to two different smtp hosts

Hallo I have already looked in this forums but I only could find an answere from 2007.

Is it now possible to route incoming email to two different internal smtp hosts?

With which astaro releases.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Stefan,

This is easily possible, using asg v7 or v8. In the SMTP section, you just need to enter profile mode, and then you can specify multiple domains to different servers any wayyou wish. Direct one domain to one server and another 10 domains to a different one etc...

If you need more help, drop us a posting here.
  • Hi Angelo,

Is it possible to route the one mail to two different servers?  For example, I have one mail server, and one mail archive server.  I want each incoming mail to be sent to both servers.  Exim supports this, but we have no place to configure it in the Astaro admin web interface.  Outgoing mail should be similarly handled, one to the destination, one to the archive server.

I think this has been a long standing request.
  • Bounce

Any chance of a reply on my question?
  • I am also looking for a solution to this. ASG receives my mail and it then gets forwarded to my internal mail server. So now with the new AMA configured for SMTP Message Source, how exactly can I forward mail to BOTH my internal mail servers, and AMA?
  • Hi folks,
    what you are asking for is not a firewall function, but a mail manager which would be on the inside of the protected network. As far as I can see the mail splitting function while nice does not fall under unified threat management.

As you already have mail servers running wouldn't it be easier to run exim on one server and have it pass the data to the other. Exim is then protected by the ASG and not part of the ASG. Yes, the exim software is gnu, but is becomes another weak point in the ASG that requires additional resources (cost) to maintain.

From a security point of view makes mail handling a lot easier, simpler and more secure if the mail splitter is internal.. You have controll over your mail destinations without increasing your box count.

Ian M
  • I may be totally off base but it sounds like what you want is Mail Archiving. Astaro does do mail archiving but it's an additional subscription as far as I can tell.
  • Astaro SMTP Proxy is not able to copy "duplicate" a mail and send the  two copies to two different mail servers or 1 mail server and 1 mail  archiveing system.

So the solution is: send the mail to the mail server. On this mail  server (Exsychange, Notes, ...) enable a mechanism like "journaling"  which will do the job to and send a clone of the mail into the archive.  This is exactly like Astaro AMA works.