This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPAM Release not working

Good Morning Colleagues,

I have configured Mail Security on my SOHO ASGv7.5 (firmware 7.500) box and have run into a problem.[:S]

The Spam filtering is working, however, mails that end up in Quarantine cannot be released.[:(]
I have searched this forum, tried every suggestions and the Release function is not working.

I select a mail marked as spam, then select "Release as False positive", nothing happens. The mail is still in quarantine.
If I select the checkbox and "Release" or "Release and report as false positive", then GO. The checkbox is cleared but the mail remains in quarantine.

I have defined a Rule:

SRC: Internal Network (i.e., 192.168.1.0/24)
  Port: 3840:4840 (Astaro Spam Release)
  DST: 192.168.1.1 (ASG Address)

The "Live Log" shows that the connection is allowed, but nothing happens.

I've checked the Knowledge Base, "USER Spam release not working". It mentions using URL: http://ip:3840/release.pl?. I tried this and the page says "Connection Failure." I log onto  the FW and did a search for release.pl, this file does not exist on the firewall.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You have to enter in the User Portal the IDENTICAL email address as the one used in your email client.

Can you show a pic of the 'Advanced' tab in POP3 (I assumed you were using the POP3 Proxy, if not, then let's start over!).

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Here is the screenshot; however, I am not able to get the portal page to load in my browser.

Did I miss something in the documentation?!?![:S] I don't recall seeing anything about logging on with the email address. I could be wrong, so in the meantime I will go through the documentation again.

Thank you.
  • Here is the screenshot; however, I am not able to get the portal page to load in my browser.

Did I miss something in the documentation?!?![:S] I don't recall seeing anything about logging on with the email address. I could be wrong, so in the meantime I will go through the documentation again.

Thank you.
Children
No Data