This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Emails in Quarantine Don't Show in User Portal

If I log in to the 4444 port, then "Email Security > Quarantine Manager > Open quarantine manager in new window", I see a list of emails from several of my email addresses there. That's great. And I got the "E-Mail blocked" message in my email client. All good so far...

But when I log on to the https://astaro/portal site (End-User Portal) and go "Mail > Mail Manager", I don't see anything in the list. Even though under "Mail > POP3 Accounts" I have specified all of my email addresses. So maybe that setting is only for prefetch? (I have prefetch turned off). If so, then where do I do the binding of the "User" that logs into the End-User Portal with that person's set of email addresses?

--Dale--

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • if you are not using hte pop3 prefetch you won't see them in the portal.  Pop3 prefetch is a crapshoot as to if it will work or not..so far every astaro installation i have tried it with it fails..YMMV though.

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

• Thanks very much for the reply.

if you are not using hte pop3 prefetch you won't see them in the portal. 
      That thought had crossed my mind.  Not originally, but after this post sat out there a while (on a different thread) and nobody picked it up, I started thinking that it must be a "dumb question".  And if "everybody" knows emails don't show in the portal unless you have prefetch on, I guess that would qualify as "dumb".

But so this seems like I need to put in a feature request then.  Why would you tell the email user (through email notification) "hey, you have this thing I think is spam" and then DON'T give the user a way to pull things that were mistakenly snagged?  THAT seems REALLY dumb!

I might have to try prefetch again, just to get the ability to release mistakenly snagged spam.  I tried prefetch earlier, but I was confused during my testing when I KNEW there was a message (since I could see it on the email Internet web interface my email provider has), but my local email client (talking to Astaro prefetch) said there were no messages.

Thanks again for sharing the knowledge.  I'd stand no chance at this without helpful folks like you.

--Dale--
  • What is the 'status' of the messages? If they are 'unaffected' they are not in the quarantine. Unaffected messages were already delivered.
  • Manfred, 

Thanks for the the idea.
    What is the 'status' of the messages? If they are 'unaffected' they are not in the quarantine. Unaffected messages were already delivered.
      I checked just to make sure, but no, I'm getting the "E-Mail blocked" message, and no message is delivered in that case.

The good news is that there are many fewer emails that offer to "enlarge" that are able to pass through to my email client!  But, as with any spam screening technology, there's occasionally one that is not spam that I'd like to release.  I know I can do that for myself at the quarantine manager screen, but for the other email users, they are apparently out of luck unless I can get prefetch working, or there is a new feature for non-prefetch release on the portal.

--Dale--
  • Manfred, 

Thanks for the the idea.
    What is the 'status' of the messages? If they are 'unaffected' they are not in the quarantine. Unaffected messages were already delivered.
      I checked just to make sure, but no, I'm getting the "E-Mail blocked" message, and no message is delivered in that case.

The good news is that there are many fewer emails that offer to "enlarge" that are able to pass through to my email client!  But, as with any spam screening technology, there's occasionally one that is not spam that I'd like to release.  I know I can do that for myself at the quarantine manager screen, but for the other email users, they are apparently out of luck unless I can get prefetch working, or there is a new feature for non-prefetch release on the portal.

--Dale--
Children
No Data