This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Attachment Whitelist

Hi folks,

I wanted to ask if there is a  whitelist for mail attachments. There have been similar questions, but it seems there is none. There is a feature request on the ideas site, but it  has exactly  2 votes. So I was wondering how everybody else is handling this. I mean, we need exactly 4 filetypes that we want to allow and the stuff that is sent to us is constantly changing, so the huge blacklist needs to be changed regularly. Am I missing another way to handle this?

Sonia

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Sonia and welcome to the UTM Community!

What more/different do you need than what's addressed by: 

Cheers  Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I see,  I was searching this option for the incoming POP3 traffic. In the POP3 settings is just a blacklist for file extensions. 

Regards Sonia

Reply Children
  • You're correct, Sonia - the POP3 solution is not as flexible as the SMTP solution.  It is possible to use the SMTP Proxy with a mail server hosted elsewhere.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I guess most people have their mail server outside and therefore have smtp communication, did not think about that.

We are a small company,  we are just running a small internal postfix mail server which gets the mails with fetchmail via pop3. But thanks anyway :-)