This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mail server HTTPS protection

Hi

As many of you, I'm a long time user of UTM from back when it was Astaro. I used to have a login here but it's been so long since I needed help that I've lost it Slight smile

I'm now hosting my own mail server, I've experience of using MS Exchange but want to try something else.

I've played with a few Linux mailservers, iRedmail, Zimbra, Mail-in-a-box which is what I ended up with.

I have SMTP through the proxy and spam / av scanning etc. working.  Webmail and mobile is working both internally and externally, however, I've blocked HTTP/S through the firewall at the moment as I'm not sure of the best practice for HTTP/S access to protect the server. Can anyone give me any advice or pointers please?

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Fred and welcome back!

Use the Web Application Firewall.  There's at least one KnowledgeBase article discussing how to use it with Exchange and that should help you.  Let us know!

Cheers - Bob
    PS You can request merging of your old account into your new account.   Send me a PM if you don't know to whom to address your request.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks Bob, good to see you're still about! I can't even remember my old user or email, not that worried but thanks for the offer.

I'll take a look at the KB's 

Yash - thanks for the link.

Just to clarify, I'm not using Exchange, but am I safe to assume that the same practices can be used due to the use of port 443?

Thanks.

• Thanks Bob, good to see you're still about! I can't even remember my old user or email, not that worried but thanks for the offer.

I'll take a look at the KB's 

Yash - thanks for the link.

Just to clarify, I'm not using Exchange, but am I safe to assume that the same practices can be used due to the use of port 443?

Thanks.

Children
No Data