This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with mailmanager, doesn't seem to function anymore

Since a few days I'm getting mails in my mailbox that should have been going to quarantine based on both sender address and an expression filter that's configured.

At first I didn't really notice, but today I was about to check things out and it seems there are some serious problems wilt the mail manager:

First, when I open the tab Mail manager everything looks "empty"

Same happens when opening the Mail manager:

SMTP Quarantine, SMTP Log usually have tons of information, now every tab is empty. Also clicking on Close does nothing. I need to close the window manually.

I tought it may have something to do with the database, and again, indications of problems here:

After clicking on Flush Database Log I am told that the log couldn't be flushed.

We have only updated to 9.705-3 about two weeks ago and the HA "slave" is at this moment still in RESERVED status and not yet updated to 9.705-3. The former master is now "RESERVED" and the former Backup is now ACTIVE. Could this be of influence? 

BTW e-mail seems to work so I checked the mailheaders and it looks like all mail is now bypassing our UTM. All mails are being deliverd directly to Office365 (which is also in our MX-records with a higher preference number. Have checked back and it seems this is already happening since somewhere between December 23th and December 24th.

Strange thing is I did receive Quarantine Report mails almost on a daily basis up until December 25th (this was the last one). Later on that same day the firewall was updated to the new version and since then I haven't received any quarantine mails anymore.

So I assume this could have somethiing to do with the current problem but not sure. 

Anyone any hint on how to get going again?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Have you had a look at your disk partitions?

Maybe one of the disks is full. (not like mine above, which work fine)

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• No, unfortunately. Log disk 64%, Datadisk 36% full.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I had just checked that we still had a backup from pre-upgrade to 9.705 and then upgraded the second HA-node. After it upgraded and finished syncing I failed over to this machine and now everything is working again.

Mail manager is working again, new mails are immediately arriving to UTM again.

So, must have been something on Node2 that was really not okay.....

After noticing that on first node all was working, I rebuild the database as described in 's post above. Did it on both nodes, just to be sure, however only Node2 was faulty.

Hopefully everything is now okay when Nodes update or switch over next time. Thanks.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.