This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to block email sender using Subject

Hi Community 

I am new here.

We have UTM SG210 firewall, we got an serious issue for one of our client, below is brief description;

Someone is sending SPAM emails (targeting only 1 user) 5-60 every day with the same subject line by using different email servers, so it is not possible for us to block every sending server domain because every time they use new email domain but using same email subject.

Could anyone please advise how we can block such emails by using some keywords or subject or any other possible way?

Really appreciated your help.

Thanks

Gohar

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Did you try to configure Expression Filter under Email Protection > SMTP > Antispam > Expression Filter? 

Expression Filter

The expression filter scans messages' content passing through the SMTP proxy for specific expressions. Suspicious emails will be blocked. Expressions can be entered as Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (with max. 128 characters). Simple strings such as "online dating" are interpreted in a case-insensitive manner—Click Apply to save your settings.

Cross Reference – For detailed information on using regular expressions in the expression filter, see the Sophos Knowledge Base.

Thanks,

• Hi Patel

Thanks for your help but the thing is we are not expert on expressions so can you help me that how i can apply an expression for the below email subject? 10s of email are coming with the same subject.

Asia Spirit - New Inquiry - A20-3641

Thanks a lot if you could help me with this.

Thanks

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to DAR Gohar

Hi ,

Thank you for the update. 

Unfortunately, this is not something we can help you configure. I would suggest you check out the following tool and test the Regex. 

Thanks,

• DAR, try the following in an Expression entry:

Asia Spirit . New Inquiry . A20.3641

Any luck with that?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA