This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM120 Firmware Updates

Hello,

Currently I have  UTM 120 on firmware version 9.414 -2 and 3 more updates are available.  I wonder if I can go and update the latest version right away (9.503-4)  or I have to go from the oldest to the latest.

I have set automatic backup and I'm planning to backup configuration before run updates.

Thank you on your answer,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Denis,

you can update to the latest. The sophos will install the updates one by one and does some reboots. This will interrupt your services serveral times. Backups are always a good idea :-).

There might be an issue with high boot times with firewalls <= SG 135 when updating to firmware versions >= 9.5.x  You find some information here in the forum.

Difficult to say which models and configs are affected. I have this under investigation in my company regarding one of my four SG 135 but as the device is located in Sydney I have to wait their reply. The other tree are still running with 9.4.x

Best regards,

Bernd

• Salut Denis and welcome to the UTM Community!

My current recommendation is to not Up2Date beyond 9.413.  I would stay at 9.414 for now.  I'm not far from "approving" 9.503 for my clients - maybe next week...

Bernd, there should only be a single reboot if more than one Up2Date is applied.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you guys on the answer.

The reason why I want to update is because I am planning migration to SG 125 and I got information from Sales rep that both devices needs to be on same firmware version.  

I have to check SG 125 firmware version once I have it in my possession and then I will check if UTM 120 need to update base on SG 125.

Thank you,

Denis 

• You can restore a 9.414 backup to a device on 9.503.  You cannot restore a 9.503 backup to a device on 9.414.  Again, I would stay on 9.414, Denis.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You can restore a 9.414 backup to a device on 9.503.  You cannot restore a 9.503 backup to a device on 9.414.  Again, I would stay on 9.414, Denis.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data