This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.503 released today - Experiences?!

They soft-released it today:

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/b/utm-blog/posts/utm-up2date-9-503-released

Installed on two home utms and they kept running ok :-)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Still havn't fixed the slow boot times on the lower end models.

• SW-Version (virtual and physical), SG330, SG310 and (old) ASG220R5 are running fine.

• Hi,

I installed it on a utm Home machine, and the webproxy stopped working totally. If I enable it, cpu spikes to 80% and websites are not reachable any more. In the browser you can only see a waiting dialog. I don´t see any feedback from proxy. But I think, I didn´t wait more than 45 seconds....

There is an error in the http.log, if I remember correctly, it was something like "E: InitInstance: Error initializing instance of plugin HPACK_UTIL".

What could that be?

• Hi roesch4alc,

which version have you running now? The latest version is 9.503-4.

Swen

• Hi Swen,

I am talking about exactly that (re-released) Version 9.503-4.

• I had some difficulties. But it may be that I am the only one with these kind of problems.

I am home user and as the box is just beside me I wan't to keep it as quiet as possible. Computer is 10 year old Dell and 2014 when SSD disk's were not as cheap as today I installed a 10 Gb Intel hard disk to it. Installed UTM to it. Has been running fine ever since as I am home user.

But up2date to 9.5 hung up and system was as good as dead after that. I assume that system portion of hard disk became full and up2date  could not handle it.

So I downloaded iso disk image 9.503. Installed from it to that same 10 Gb SSD. Restored from backup file and after some minor difficulties system is now up and running. Seems to be a little slower at startup and shutdown.

• That's too small, Kimmo.  What result do you get from df -h at the command line?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • It was too small. Or I assume that was the reason why up2date failed. After new install it is working just fine again.

• Too small and not running Up2Dates often enough.  I recommend 9.413 today.

Even for your situation, I wouldn't use less than a 32GB drive and would prefer a 60GB HDD.  That wouldn't solve this problem, but would avoid problems with Reporting & Logging.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA