This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG 125 died suddenly, won't boot, no signal

Small business with ~50 devices. Yesterday our Internet went out so we restarted the SG 125. Nothing weird was in the logs, so we didn't think of it much except wondered why it happened since SG 125 has been solid with no random crashes.

Today the Internet went out again. Restarting SG 125 did not do anything. Connected it to a monitor, and we could see the BIOS message (press DEL to enter setup). But nothing was happening. We restarted again. It showed model, available memory etc. And that was it. The device itself was very quiet. As if it was not powered. One last reboot, and there is no video signal at all. It's Friday afternoon and cannot reach any resellers, including the one we purchased from. We are on a backup router at the moment, and we will probably be purchasing replacement. Until I hear back from the reseller, I have few questions to ask:

1. Is there any way to recover this device? It's 2 years old.

2. Can any SG/XG model read the backup configuration? We will probably upgrade to something slightly better like 210.

3. Can I transfer licenses from the old one to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data