This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When joining second firewall in HA mode it wipes the configuration on both UTMs

I have a SG310 configured (with alot of configuration done by myself), when i turn on the secondary firewall, plug in a cable between Eth3(HA) on both UTMs it wipes all of the configuration on both UTMs back to the default configuration. I selected Automatic configuration in the options. I even manually configured my primary one as the preferred master. Why is it doing this? How do i create the HA cluster without this happening?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This time i ran through the initial configuration wizard on the second UTM, i applied the base license from myutm.sophos.com. Then i noticed i get "Licensing Info - This page is disabled as you either do not have a relevant subscription or the relevant subscription has expired!" - what license am i supposed to have?? I thought you don't need a special HA license to join it if you're doing it in active/passive? 

So this time i joined the second UTM to my primary UTM (with loads of config already on it) and after connecting the HA ports together it shut down my first UTM!!! WHAT???

Can someone from Sophos please respond?

• This time i ran through the initial configuration wizard on the second UTM, i applied the base license from myutm.sophos.com. Then i noticed i get "Licensing Info - This page is disabled as you either do not have a relevant subscription or the relevant subscription has expired!" - what license am i supposed to have?? I thought you don't need a special HA license to join it if you're doing it in active/passive? 

So this time i joined the second UTM to my primary UTM (with loads of config already on it) and after connecting the HA ports together it shut down my first UTM!!! WHAT???

Can someone from Sophos please respond?

Children
No Data