Can someone please explain to me what is going on with the releases. I'm on 9.355-1 and had 4 updates listed. I didn't apply these because I saw some horror stories happening to people running HA while updating these. I noticed emails recently about some new releases, when I now look I have only 2 updates listed. Is Sophos periodically pulling (removing) some of these?
I had some issues last week because, as Bob explained, the update chain was updated on 6/23 and, for some reason, my master nodes had their update files updated, but my slave nodes did not.
Yesterday I had an slave node with this behavior and it was self corrected by rebooting the slave node. I think this forced a resync (obviously), and up2date files were redownloaded, this time with the correct chain of updates. To check, do this:
1) SSH into your master node
2) run ls /vas/update/sys
3) there should be two files: one for update 9.355-to-9.356 and another to update 9.356-to-9.404
4) run ha_utils ssh (ths will log you into the slave node)
5) run ls /vas/update/sys again. This time, the output will be the up2date files on your slave node
6) if the files are the same as on the master node, go ahead and up2date, it will work just fine
7) if the up2date files differ on master and slave node, try rebooting your slave node through "Management / High Availability" on WebAdmin. This will force a resync, and the up2date files should be redownloaded on the slave node
8) Just to be sure, repeat steps 1, 4 and 5. The up2files on the slave node should match the ones on the master node by now, and you can safely update your cluster.
Regards - Giovani