This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Options for Exceeding Home License IP Limit

Hey Folks,

I'm likely not the first and certainly not the last Home User to run into this situation, however, I've finally reached the Soft Limit IP Cap (50) for a Home License, mostly thanks to ESXi VM's, WiFi Lighting and AirPlay Devices. Unfortunately, I'll be crossing the Hard Limit IP Cap soon and I'm wondering what my wallet friendly options are moving forward; emphasis on the wallet friendly. I also cannot express enough how much I would like to avoid moving to any other Firewall. 

Ideally, it would be wonderful to pay/donate a reasonable amount toward a Power User License, however, that doesn't seem to be offered.

Naturally, it would be ideal not to have any limitations, however, with a reasonable mindset, my requirements are Network Protection, Web Protection (Web Filtering and Application Control), Wireless Protection and I also leverage High Availability since it's a VM, Up2Date friendly and why not. With regards to Remote Access, I *could* get by with just L2TP over IPSec, however, I do enjoy being able to use OpenVPN and HTML5 VPN when in Network Environments that do not block it.

Thanks in advance for the advice and direction. I'll cross my fingers for good news.

Cheers,
Kyle

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Through my digging, a mixed bag doesn't seem possible. To that end, after pricing out a 75-100 user license with the features that I utilize, I completely empathize with those death stares.

Have you considered a SWOT Analysis between divorce and a license? [;)]

With regard to your switches, if they do not touch the external network, they shouldn't count. I've removed the gateway on my AirPlay devices and it seems to have worked. Only minor downside is I can no longer access their WebUI from VPN. Perhaps you can adjust to do something similar.

Cheers,
    Kyle
  • Through my digging, a mixed bag doesn't seem possible. To that end, after pricing out a 75-100 user license with the features that I utilize, I completely empathize with those death stares.

With regard to your switches, if they do not touch the external network, they shouldn't count. I've removed the gateway on my AirPlay devices and it seems to have worked. Only minor downside is I can no longer access their WebUI from VPN. Perhaps you can adjust to do something similar.

Cheers,
    Kyle
Children
  • Alas, that is a shame. I've only started with Sophos but I quite, quite like it. For an enterprise, pricing seems quite reasonable, but for home use... alas.

And yes, the analysis has been done. It's the "T" that would preclude the former, as in "threat of death or grievous bodily injury".

Appreciate the suggestion - I may try that on some other things, but won't know if that's possible with the switches until I get them. Also not sure I'd want to do that - one of the features of the switch is remote control as well as power monitoring, both of which would require internet access. 

Decisions, decisions...

Through my digging, a mixed bag doesn't seem possible. To that end, after pricing out a 75-100 user license with the features that I utilize, I completely empathize with those death stares.

Cheers,
    Kyle