This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Options for Exceeding Home License IP Limit

Hey Folks,

I'm likely not the first and certainly not the last Home User to run into this situation, however, I've finally reached the Soft Limit IP Cap (50) for a Home License, mostly thanks to ESXi VM's, WiFi Lighting and AirPlay Devices. Unfortunately, I'll be crossing the Hard Limit IP Cap soon and I'm wondering what my wallet friendly options are moving forward; emphasis on the wallet friendly. I also cannot express enough how much I would like to avoid moving to any other Firewall. 

Ideally, it would be wonderful to pay/donate a reasonable amount toward a Power User License, however, that doesn't seem to be offered.

Naturally, it would be ideal not to have any limitations, however, with a reasonable mindset, my requirements are Network Protection, Web Protection (Web Filtering and Application Control), Wireless Protection and I also leverage High Availability since it's a VM, Up2Date friendly and why not. With regards to Remote Access, I *could* get by with just L2TP over IPSec, however, I do enjoy being able to use OpenVPN and HTML5 VPN when in Network Environments that do not block it.

Thanks in advance for the advice and direction. I'll cross my fingers for good news.

Cheers,
Kyle

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Use a different DHCP server, like the Microsoft solution mentioned or even ISC dhcpd.  You can assign per host options that way, so that certain devices (like light bulbs) get a DHCP address, but they do not get a name server or gateway.  If they need a name server, create a DNS instance (again, Microsoft, or BIND/named) for internal name resolution and then use the UTM  as  forwarder.  This is working very well for me with controlling my IP count since a lot of my devices to not need internet access and therefore really should not count against my license count.  It was well  worth the time.
  • Use a different DHCP server, like the Microsoft solution mentioned or even ISC dhcpd.  You can assign per host options that way, so that certain devices (like light bulbs) get a DHCP address, but they do not get a name server or gateway.  If they need a name server, create a DNS instance (again, Microsoft, or BIND/named) for internal name resolution and then use the UTM  as  forwarder.  This is working very well for me with controlling my IP count since a lot of my devices to not need internet access and therefore really should not count against my license count.  It was well  worth the time.
Children
No Data