This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM reporting Exceeding licensing usage, but I don't have more than 50 IPs!

Hello,

This past days I've received numerous emails telling me that I'm exceeding the allowed number of IPs in my installation.

My network is using addresses from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.7.255, but that's just to have the servers, clients and other equipment segmented. My DHCP server only assigns addresses from 192.168.2.0 to 192.168.6.255. I have checked the server and it has maybe 20 IPs assigned. All of them on the 192.168.2.x range (which is what is expected).

But checking the list of assigned IPs on Sophos, it shows a lot of, for instance, 192.168.1.x addresses. I don't have *any* machine using that range in my network. It also shows some addresses in the 192.168.7.x range that doesn't exist (I can't do ping to any of those addresses).

I have already cleaned the list of active IPs, first thing I did on the morning, andjust 5 minutes ago I received another email, and the list shows again what, as far as I can see, are non-existent IPs on my installation.

What can be happening? I'm sure there are no users accessing, for instance, my WiFi, but just to be sure, I have already changed the password. Today it's been actually very few users connected, counting VMs and so on, maybe 10 different IPs.

Thanks for your help

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I just saw it, thanks for the link, but I don't see anything that could apply to my case. I don't have any router after the firewall (except for an Apple Airport, for the WiFi, but it is on bridge mode, so AFAIK there is no uPNP). I have most machines running Windows 8, and the servers are running Windows 2012. The IPv6 protocol is enabled by default, but the Sophos firewall AFAIK doesn't have any IPv6 setting.

My switch is a Dell PowerConnect 2824, and it did had the Spanning Tree enabled (that's the default, I presume) even if it's the only switch I have (which, for what I understand, only makes sense when you have more than one switch). I have disabled it.

Now, this problems started just recently, this last week. But there have be no changes on the network configuration of any of the devices that I can think of. Nor there are have been any new devices connecting this past week(s). If anything, there are less, as we have been on vacations and so on.
  • Hello,

I just saw it, thanks for the link, but I don't see anything that could apply to my case. I don't have any router after the firewall (except for an Apple Airport, for the WiFi, but it is on bridge mode, so AFAIK there is no uPNP). I have most machines running Windows 8, and the servers are running Windows 2012. The IPv6 protocol is enabled by default, but the Sophos firewall AFAIK doesn't have any IPv6 setting.

My switch is a Dell PowerConnect 2824, and it did had the Spanning Tree enabled (that's the default, I presume) even if it's the only switch I have (which, for what I understand, only makes sense when you have more than one switch). I have disabled it.

Now, this problems started just recently, this last week. But there have be no changes on the network configuration of any of the devices that I can think of. Nor there are have been any new devices connecting this past week(s). If anything, there are less, as we have been on vacations and so on.
Children
No Data