This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enabling IPv6

I would like to enable IPv6 on my home UTM. I enabled IPv6 in the Interfaces and Routing, IPv6, Global tab, but so far, the IPv6 status still shows Connectivity: None.

When IPv6 is enabled, an IPv6 address appears for the External (WAN) interface in Interfaces and Routing, Interfaces. The IPv6 address shown is a  /128. The address shown is 2606:6000:  :7dfa/128. (Do I need a /64 for the devices on the home network?) 

A whois lookup of the IPv6 address assigned to the UTM shows that it belongs to my ISP, which shows that it is not a self-assigned address (e.g., not a 

Even though the WAN interface shows an IPv6 address, it does not respond to ping6 packets from an external IPv6 device on the Internet, nor will it ping6 out to the Internet. It will respond to ping6 packets sent to ::1 or to its own external IPv6 address that I mentioned above. I have tested with both the WebAdmin interface and the console. 

In case it matters, the UTM does respond to IPv4 ping packets sent from an external device on the Internet. "Gateway is ping visible" is enabled on the UTM.

I was able to get IPv6 working on my home network (and the Internet) in the past, before I set up the UTM. I used an Apple AirPort NAT/router. Configuration was easy and there were no real issues. It just worked.

Can you suggest what I have forgotten or what I should do next on the UTM to enable IPv6 on the home network?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children