This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrating from UTM 220 to SG 230

I've recently started a new position at a firm utilizing a Sophos UTM 220 appliance. This is my first time managing Sophos equipment.

They have purchased a brand new SG 230 appliance to replace the older unit. Am I correct that I should be able to take an unencrypted backup from the UTM 220 and restore it to the SG 230 via USB to transfer the previous configuration? The SG 230 will be completely replacing the UTM 220. I do know I should have the new license file ready to apply to the 230.

Current UTM version is v9.305-4. I've done some searching around but have not had much success finding much on migrating devices. Any gotchas I should be aware of? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • In that case its easy and you wont loose any data and remain up. Shutdown the passive Node and replace it with one of the two SGs, let it join the HA. It will update and sync. After sync has finished, take the Master down and replace that one as well.

If the firewalls are located offsite and you want it quick, update the new SGs to your currently used version first, best via Image as it will be a few updates otherwise.
  • In that case its easy and you wont loose any data and remain up. Shutdown the passive Node and replace it with one of the two SGs, let it join the HA. It will update and sync. After sync has finished, take the Master down and replace that one as well.

If the firewalls are located offsite and you want it quick, update the new SGs to your currently used version first, best via Image as it will be a few updates otherwise.
Children