This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[9.201-23] Very slow and/or broken browsing.

After the update to 9.201 on our ASG320 we are getting very poor performance on web browsing using the HTTP Proxy.

If I turn the proxy off, everyone is very happy and pages are loading quickly with no errors.

If I turn it back on (we are operating in transparent mode, no auth), we get very slow page loads.  Some pages won't load at all or return other errors.

I have tried rebooting, cycling the proxy service, simplifying the rules massively, turning caching on or off, nothing seems to help.

We really need this functionality, any clues?  9.2 perhaps was too far in one update?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • do you have sophos endpoints?  if so turn off endpoint web control.

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

Why is this considered a fix?

When we first installed the UTM we could have Web control on so our laptops were protected. Since 9.2 we cant so we now choose between crippled web browsing or exposed laptops when connected on home/other networks

The situation is laughable - I have had a ticket open for 6 weeks and the last response was to confirm the fault. A fault I proved in Mid April and documented in detail

Why is this considered a fix?

When we first installed the UTM we could have Web control on so our laptops were protected. Since 9.2 we cant so we now choose between crippled web browsing or exposed laptops when connected on home/other networks

The situation is laughable - I have had a ticket open for 6 weeks and the last response was to confirm the fault. A fault I proved in Mid April and documented in detail
Children
No Data