This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

up2date generates a lot of traffic

Hello Together,

I'm running UMT version 9.106. The last days I recognized, that there is a lot of traffic from the up2date servers of Sophos. Traffic comes from the three Servers:

v8up2date1.astaro.com
v8up2date2.astaro.com
v8up2date3.astaro.com

Today the transfered traffic is already 2,9GB. Some more numbers of the last days:
Yesterday:     3,4GB
Last 7 Days:  15,8GB
Last 30 Days: 38,5GB

Are these numbers normal or is there something wrong?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Yes each time the install fails, it will be deleted and therefore re-downloaded. But for whatever reason the patch-RPM does not work in your case.

Checkout my posted options. For an immediate solution, I'd recommend to re-image the box.
  • Mario, shouldn't he be trying to delete /var/up2date/savi/u2d-savi-9.3689-3709.patch.tgz.gpg instead of /var/up2date//savi/u2d-savi-9.3689-3709.patch.tgz.gpg?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • That is the same file (and path). I sent him a PM with a link to the complete pattern RPM (70 megs), hopefully he'll report if it worked for him.
  • I fixed the db4 up2date errors on my 9.2x software appliance by running the following commands (as root):

# rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*

# rpm --rebuilddb

Then run a manual up2date.

I had to stop and start the web proxy, might be a good idea to reboot the system after running the commands.