This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LCD Display for UTM v9 Software Home Licence?

Hello,

i read that in earlier UTM versions there was lcd4linux included so it was possible to add a HD44780 compatible LCD display to a homebrew box.
However i cannot find lcd4linux on v9, does anybody know if it's still possible to add a LCD display to v9?

Cheers,
Olaf

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The lcd4linux on our appliances is heavily patched with some quirks to show multiple LCD lines.
    Maybe this issue is triggered due to few lines to display on the LCD.
    Have you tried the original lcd4linux.conf file I attached?
  • The lcd4linux on our appliances is heavily patched with some quirks to show multiple LCD lines.
    Maybe this issue is triggered due to few lines to display on the LCD.
    Have you tried the original lcd4linux.conf file I attached?
Children
  • Yes .. As stated above the 'Default' Layout of the original-Astaro-lcd4linux.conf works flawlessly. What you just said about a heavily patched lcd4linux was my guess .. After more testing I just found out that the used layout 

* has to have at least 6 rows
    * must not contain any empty row (i.e. all rows from 1-6 must be present.)
    * only the rows 1-6 are displayed, 7-8 (and following?) are omitted
    * if using a bar widget, the lenght 16 must be set for it
    * you must not repeat a 'screen' with a bar
    * not all bar widgets are working (i.e. BusyBar yes, Eth0Bar not)

The functions i2c_sensors, execute, netinfo and maybe more are not available.

If those rules are followed, it works.
    Would be nice to have a 'virgin'-genuine lcd4linux ... Of course the advantage of this "Astaro-lcd4linux" is the switching-screen feature. It switches from Row1/Row2 to Row3/Row4 and so on periodically every 5-6 seconds.
    Regarding the use of bars it's pretty useless as it's not possible to duplicate them to have a continuous reading of a bar and not every bar widget will run.