This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LCD Display for UTM v9 Software Home Licence?

Hello,

i read that in earlier UTM versions there was lcd4linux included so it was possible to add a HD44780 compatible LCD display to a homebrew box.
However i cannot find lcd4linux on v9, does anybody know if it's still possible to add a LCD display to v9?

Cheers,
Olaf

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I had a problem with a serial (RS232) display from CrystalFontz that needed a delay between initialization and use... I had to modify the sourcecode for lcd4linux, but I did email the developers and they probably added it to their codebase.

I'm not sure if that's the same problem though.

Regardless, you could post a message to the lcd4linux mailinglist.

Barry
  • Even if it would be fixed in lcd4linux, I would not know how to implement it in the Astaro UTM9. I'm not sure it's a lcd4linux issue at all, I just tested it on our corporate hardware appliance ASG220 and it shows the same strange behaviour.
    For example when displaying a bar like the 'BusyBar' Widget it shows the same strange characters like my DIY-display does.
    Maybe that's the reason why the Astaro 'Default' Layout is set to not display any bars at all? ;-)

The 'Default' Layout also works flawlessly on my DIY ...
  • Even if it would be fixed in lcd4linux, I would not know how to implement it in the Astaro UTM9. I'm not sure it's a lcd4linux issue at all, I just tested it on our corporate hardware appliance ASG220 and it shows the same strange behaviour.
    For example when displaying a bar like the 'BusyBar' Widget it shows the same strange characters like my DIY-display does.
    Maybe that's the reason why the Astaro 'Default' Layout is set to not display any bars at all? ;-)

The 'Default' Layout also works flawlessly on my DIY ...
Children
  • OK, so now this is the lcd4linux.conf I'm using for testing on the ASG220:

### Display
    #####################
    Display LCM-162 {
        Driver 'HD44780'
        Model 'LCM-162'
        Port '/dev/parport0'
        Size '16x2'
        UseBusy 1
        asc255bug 0
    }

Widget Busy {
        class 'Text'
        expression proc_stat::cpu('busy', 500)
        prefix 'Busy '
        postfix '%'
        width 11
        precision 1
        align 'R'
        update 500
    }

###Layout
    #####################

Layout Test {

Row1 {
            Col1  'Busy'
        }
    }

### MAIN
    #####################

Display 'LCM-162'
    Layout 'Test'

Nothing too fancy about it, is it? And this is what it produces after some seconds:

Any ideas???

Maybe someone could compile a recent lcd4linux from source against an UTM9 system?