This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Current definition patterns

Hello AUBB

I just have a quick question: does anyone know what the current definition patterns are for an ASG220?

I'm running 7.510 on the device.  I manually update them on a regular basis, but I haven't seen the definition patterns increment, at least on my box, since 7/24/12.  It seems to be stuck at 25443.

Another quickie: does Sophos have a link where I could check the current patterns?

Thank you very much.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There is no way for the enduser to check if a *specific pattern* really is the latest version. ASG/UTM WebAdmin displays a *global pattern* version which is incremented by each and every single *specific pattern*. For example if there were 2 pattern updates one for Avira and one for ClamAV, the global pattern version will be incremented by 2. It will also be incremented if for example only the onlinehelp pattern has been updated but nothing else..

A way to display *specific pattern* version:

$ rpm -qa | grep u2d

Also please keep in mind that you may not be really up2date on a pattern basis if your *system pattern* is not up2date (e.g. if you're still on v7, your IPS pattern are much older than with v9). That's because pattern must be compatible with the installed engine. And you will only get pattern for *enabled* components actually making use of the *specific pattern* (to safe precious bandwidth).

Specific, current v7 pattern are as time of this writing:
    * u2d-avira-7.5093.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-clam-7.9022.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-geoip-7.51.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-ohelpng-7.48.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-sys-7.512.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-auav-7.1454.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-ips-7.237.tgz.gpg (Last updated: 5 Months, 17 Days and 8 Hours)
    * u2d-ohelp7-7.14.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-man-app-7.53.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-man-sw-7.47.tgz.gpg
    * u2d-mpfc-7.5.tgz.gpg

In v9 we implemented IPS engine updates via up2date, therefore you may stick to a system version and still get the latest IPS pattern & engine.
  • Actually the OP has a point... our V9 system (we're a reseller / var, so we're running V9 internally to work out the kinks) has showed the same "Pattern" version for a few days now (25443), and I can see the up2date service logs showing that Avira and SAVI are being updated several times a day... yet the pattern info on the dashboard does not increment as you say it should.  I think we may have a minor bug here.  This is on V 9.001-18, and on clients of mine running 8.305.  That pattern number used to increment on a daily (well, more often than that most of the time) basis.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Actually the OP has a point... our V9 system (we're a reseller / var, so we're running V9 internally to work out the kinks) has showed the same "Pattern" version for a few days now (25443), and I can see the up2date service logs showing that Avira and SAVI are being updated several times a day... yet the pattern info on the dashboard does not increment as you say it should.  I think we may have a minor bug here.  This is on V 9.001-18, and on clients of mine running 8.305.  That pattern number used to increment on a daily (well, more often than that most of the time) basis.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children