This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HA active/active, firewall rules stop working 8.202

We have some problems lately, some of our firewall rules stop working during the day, after a reboot of one of the astaro's or sometimes after like 4 hours they are suddenly working again.

Another question, what you see on the attachment (HA configured active-passive) both asg320 shows active. Is that correct?

I updated last week to 8.202, then above problem occurred, can i simple restore back to 8.103? (from automatic backup)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I agree with point 1, NAT rules with addresses configured on the ASG must
    be bound to the correct host definitions and NOT to self created definitions.

But I don't get the second point with normal rules. Why to you think this won't work?
    The Interface Host definitions are used to see if rules belong to FORWARDING
    or the INPUT/OUTPUT chains. So as long as you don't want to allow traffic IN or OUT
    the ASG itself, binding a host definition to an interface should be fine...

I know that there are installations out there, which have WRONG wiring,
    e.g. an host is reachable via eth0 and eth1 and its random, which interface is chosen.
    But in that case the network design is broken, not the ASG [:)]

Cheers
     Ulrich
  • I agree with point 1, NAT rules with addresses configured on the ASG must
    be bound to the correct host definitions and NOT to self created definitions.

But I don't get the second point with normal rules. Why to you think this won't work?
    The Interface Host definitions are used to see if rules belong to FORWARDING
    or the INPUT/OUTPUT chains. So as long as you don't want to allow traffic IN or OUT
    the ASG itself, binding a host definition to an interface should be fine...

I know that there are installations out there, which have WRONG wiring,
    e.g. an host is reachable via eth0 and eth1 and its random, which interface is chosen.
    But in that case the network design is broken, not the ASG [:)]

Cheers
     Ulrich
Children
No Data