This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

??? Changing Internal IP ???

OK...I'm a network engineer, new to Astaro, but have utilized other UTM's for many years now...but this really has me stumped!  What am I overlooking/missing?

I've successfully loaded the ASG in ESXi 4. I can successfully log in via the default 192.168.0.1 included in the preconfigured .ovf.

The problem(s). During setup it asks for my internal LAN ip address. Regardless of what I enter it will not accept it. I get the error "The interface that is used for the current session can not be changed or deactivated or deleted." So, I just accepted the default (192.168.0.1) and thought I'd go in after setup is complete and change it. Same issue.

If you cannot change the ip address of the current interface...how can you change it? The only other active interface would be the WAN interface. Is that what I'm supposed to use...log in via the WAN interface and change the internal ip? I've read that it's not supported to do an ifconfig via the console.

So, please advise.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • @htguru:  You do realize that you're asking for further information from a guy who posted 3.5 years ago.   lol.  Anyway...Changes in CC are persistent.
      Yes I realize, but there are several threads on how to change the IP from the command line with conflicting methods and this was the only one that actually was fairly straightforward and worked the first time. I decided to revive the thread since there was some question in my mind as to whether or not it was persistent based on the rest of the thread leaving some ambiguity as to whether or not it was persistent. I don't mind thanking someone for useful information no matter how old it is if there is no newer, better answers available. All that being said, thank you very much for answering the question persistence and I believe this thread can now stay closed, but useful, forever.

Best Regards - HTG
    Frustrated Sophos Partner seeing all the things
    that brought me to Sophos slowly slip away.
    RIP astaro.org