This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ich10r raid support?

Good morning,
I'm trying to install ASG on ICH10 Raid controler on this motherboard.
When I need to setup disks it see two phisical drives and not one logical drive (raid1)
I've checked HCL and ICH10R is compatible with ASG8...

How can I get hardware support?
My controller can be setup as "Intel Matrix Storage"  or as "Adaptec mode" but in both ways I see two hard drives.

Can you help me?
Thanks
Andrea

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I am not sure if any linux kernels support the software raid like the Intel matrix raid controllers.
  • I am not sure if any linux kernels support the software raid like the Intel matrix raid controllers.

Linux support for the 'fake raid' controllers is done through the md subsystem and it's companion userland program mdadm. In recent kernels support is getting good enough with Intel's RAID that I'd let it loose on a test, maybe even my home system, but not production.

Linux support for the 'fake raid' controllers is done through the md subsystem and it's companion userland program mdadm. In recent kernels support is getting good enough with Intel's RAID that I'd let it loose on a test, maybe even my home system, but not production.
Children
  • The ICH support you see mentioned in the Astaro HCLs only means that they support the chipset.  While they support the chipset, they do not support RAID arrays configured on ICH chipsets, only single HDD devices.  To use RAID on Astaro, you have to use one of the "real" RAID controllers listed in the HCL.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.