This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Get to Webadmin

Hello, I just finished installing Astaro and I'm trying to connect to webadmin. It says it is at https://192.168.2.100:4444/ but when I try to connect to it, firefox times out. I cannot ping it, and I cannot ping anything from the server. What is the problem here?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • I have a cable modem that uses DHCP, but its not set in bridged mode.
  • Ok, resetting the modem worked, and now everything's working. Thanks! Now just a quick question, when I want to access the firewall I have to unplug it from the WAN port and plug it in a client port. Is there anyway I can access it without having to switch ports?
  • Ok, resetting the modem worked, and now everything's working. Thanks! Now just a quick question, when I want to access the firewall I have to unplug it from the WAN port and plug it in the client part. Is there anyway I can access it without having to switch ports?

um....thats not right
    you should have one cable running from the modem to the WAN port on the firewall, and the LAN port on the firewall should be going to your switch/LAN
    sounds to me like you have the physical configuration wrong

can you provide a simple diagram like:
    modem-->WAN on Astaro | LAN on Astaro-->switch-->clients

are you sure you have everything hooked up properly?
    you should have access to the firewall from the LAN without unplugging anything
  • Cable Modem->WAN Astaro | LAN Astaro->WAN port on WNR3500L Wireless Router
  • Cable Modem->Astaro->WNR3500L Wireless Router

if you are using the WAN port on your router, it explains why you are having so many difficulties.  you are double-natting.  set a static IP on the router (on the same subnet as your machine and the astaro box) and plug in the astaro box to a LAN port on that router...
  • If I plug it into the LAN port then I can connect to the Astaro firewall, but not the internet. It also doesn't show up on the client list in my router. If I plug it into the WAN port then I can access the internet, but not the Astaro firewall. I have set it to static, but it doesn't even see the firewall as a client if I plug it in.
  • If I plug it into the LAN port then I can connect to the Astaro firewall, but not the internet. It also doesn't show up on the client list in my router. If I plug it into the WAN port then I can access the internet, but not the Astaro firewall. I have set it to static, but it doesn't even see the firewall as a client if I plug it in.

if you have a static IP set on your router, you need to make sure the gateway is the astaro box.  the astaro box should be the gateway for all the clients on the LAN
  • The gateway on the router is the astaro box, but on the computer the gateway is the router. I have attached a picture of my router WAN configuration, and what my computer's configuration is.